Registration Requirements for Volunteers
Thank you so much to those volunteering to be our team managers!
- All volunteers, including team managers, must register with USA Hockey. Volunteer registrations are free! Go to membership.usahockey.com to register.
- Once you have your USA Hockey Number, enter into the google form that is linked under Resources - Players - Google Form to Submit USA Hockey Number
- All volunteers must become SafeSport certified. It is a program to educate and protect our children against misconduct and abuse. It is an annual program with a full training the first time and a shorter refresher each year after. You can find the SafeSport program here: https://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining
- Team managers must also complete the background screening. You can Click here to access the screening.
- A locker room monitor is required any time there are players in the locker room. At least one SafeSport certified adult must either be in the locker room or outside the door of the locker room within hearing distance. This can be a coach, team manager, or parent volunteer, but they MUST be SafeSport certified.
- Only properly certified coaches are allowed on the bench during a game.
- It is recommended that all families have one if not both adults register for USA Hockey as a volunteer and complete the SafeSport online certification.
- Parents will be expected to volunteer for various jobs, including clock, scorekeeper, locker room monitor, penalty box doors, etc.